Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, it to join forces with other budding developers to create “The Masked Grader”, a modern, anonymous grading platform that promotes more egalitarian grading outcomes for Students and Course Instructors.
What’s is the Masked Grader?
As a student, have you ever received a grade that you thought was unjustified, unfair or biased? Well, what if there a way for you to submit your work for a grade while masking your personal identity on the part of the grader. That’s where “The Masked Grader” comes in. The way that it works is simple:
- Instructor creates exam and exam questions
- Instructor sends the exam to students to complete the exam online through the authenticated front-end interface
- Students complete the exam and submit for grading
- Instructor receives all student exams in a single batch with a randomized identifier associated with each exam (thereby ‘masking’ the identity of the student who submitted the exam)
- Instructor assigns a grade to all exams
- System retains all exam results until the Instructor has completed the grading process(thereby preventing the instructors/students from triangulating identity based on submission time)
- System distributed grades to students in batch after the instructor has completed the grading process.
- System ‘unmasks’ the student identity to the instructor after grades have been distributed to the student body
What tools did you use to create your project?
How much experience does your group have? Does the project use anything (art, music, starter kits) you didn't create?
CodeDay Labs team in the advanced track.